Disappointment

Candice Nolan / Mar 10, 2020

Disappointment


This freelancing gig is not for the faint of heart. My brain hurts. I spent all day, pitching for jobs. Bidding for my hat in the ring. Performing like a circus monkey. It’s certainly not the easy money gig I had bought into originally. As I said yesterday, if it was that easy, everyone would be doing it.

I even took a English language proficiency test. It was requested by a client who said they’d had a bad experience. I scored 23/25. Might I remind you, that I am a native English speaker. That’s 92% *Insert wailing here* What happened to the other 8%? Does that go toward my fluency in Afrikaans (the only other African language I know)?

I turned down a job too. They needed someone to write to pictures, narration for a documentary on some or other church building. I am a radio head, I have zero experience in writing to pictures. But I kept on thinking, “Say yes, and learn to do it afterwards”. So, I said yes. Not even five minutes into the doccie, and I was begging to quit.

Sigh. But my lowest point came when I bid to help someone else build up their podcasting website. And blog. It kind of re-energised me to focus on what I’m really about. I love podcasting. Planning and executing a story… it just excites me! So, I’m thinking of investing more time in my website and into my blog.

Watch me soar!

Please follow and like us:

Leave a comment

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.