Good Morning all! It’s Monday in Sandy Springs and I’m back to your inbox to update you on all the important things happening in town.
But first today’s weather:
Partly sunny. High: 56 Low: 33.
🏡 Attention Sandy Springs real estate agents: Don’t mix in with the competition. Instead, be the agent who attracts attention with an exclusive sponsorship in our newsletter. Click here to learn more.
Here are the top three stories in Sandy Springs today:
- Two schools in Sandy Springs were selected as test locations for the “CrisisAlert” system. The wearable alarm notification system provides staff with instant lockdown notifications. An employee can press a button on the CrisisAlert badge to notify administrators and first responders of an incident. Badges provide instant audio and accurate locations. (Reporter Newspapers + Atlanta Intown)
- Fulton County has announced plans for voting in Saturday’s state runoff. Saturday’s early voting is now allowed after US Senator Raphael Warnock won a legal victory over Georgia Foreign Minister Brad Raffensperger. Fulton County voters now have the opportunity to cast their ballots from Saturday, November 26 through Friday, December 2. Polling stations are open from 7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. (11 Alive).
- Georgia officials asked a court on Friday to block the decision of a Fulton County Superior Court judge overturning Georgia’s abortion ban. The judge’s decision was made on Tuesday last week. The state ban has been in effect since July after the US Supreme Court ruled Roe v. Wade had picked up. (Fox 5 Atlanta)
From our sponsor:
Today’s Sandy Springs newsletter is Brought to you in part by vintagea unique investment platform that allows investors of all sizes to invest in fine wines and rare spirits.
why wine Low correlation to traditional markets, average returns of 8.5% per year over a 121-year study.* There’s a reason the rich have turned to it for centuries.
Diversify your portfolio – start investing with Vint today.
*The price of wine. Journal of Finance.
Today in and around Sandy Springs:
- Sprouts Farmers Market – Sandy Springs At 4600 Roswell Road, No. A100 (7:00 am)
- game date At ART BARN, Canton (10:00 a.m.)
From my notebook:
- Do you feel a little overwhelmed by the current housing market? consider it List of the latest properties to come to market in the Sandy Springs area. Click on the link to see the full listing of properties which includes prices, photos and dimensions of the property. (Sandy Springs patch)
- Roswell Dance Theater will perform “The Nutcracker” from November 25th to December 4th. Click on the ticket details link. (City of Sandy Springs)
- The Holiday Hoops Challenge will take place on Friday, December 2nd at 5:30pm at Sandy Springs Middle School The challenge is a round-robin tournament featuring 2v2, free throws and 3-point contests. (City of Sandy Springs)
More from our sponsors – thanks for supporting local news!
You’re all caught up for today. I will see you soon!
— Nicole Fallon Peek
About me: Nicole Fallon-Peek is a journalist and copywriter with a degree in Media, Culture and Communications from New York University. She has worked as a freelance reporter, editor-in-chief, editor and editorial director for a variety of B2B news outlets. She currently co-owns and operates content creation agency Lightning Media Partners.