1. Georgia Tech won!
2. The defense showed their best performance of the season. Georgia Tech played the highest-rated offense in the ACC, holding it to a season-low 17 points and a season-low 365 yards.
3. Maye came into this game as a contender for the Heisman Trophy and Georgia Tech probably ended that last night. The Yellow Jackets held Maye at a season low in passing.
4. Georgia Tech overcame a 17-0 deficit. Like most, I was worried when Tech came down early, but this team didn’t give up and showed their heart when they came back.
5. A Georgia Tech offense missing its top two quarterbacks and wide receiver outperformed one of the best offenses in the country 373-365.
6. Quarterback Zach Gibson deserves a lot of praise. Gibson hadn’t played well against either Virginia or Florida State, but finished 13-18 for 174 yards and took care of the football and avoided North Carolina pressure. Gibson averaged 8.1 yards per attempt and 12.5 yards per completion.
7. Keion White showed why he’s considered an NFL prospect on the defensive end by finishing with three sacks and four tackles for a loss.
8. This defense wreaked havoc throughout the game against UNC, ending with 12 tackles for losses and six sacks.
9. D’Douse continues to do well on the inside and both he and fellow starter Makius Scott each had a sack.
10. With McCollum out, Georgia Tech needed a wide receiver to step up last night and the guy who did it was Malik Rutherford. Rutherford was targeted early on with quick throws and finished the game with six catches for 68 yards on eight goals.
11. This is the first time Georgia Tech has won consecutive road games against nationally ranked teams since beating No. 3 Miami Tech in 2005 and No. 11 Virginia Tech in 2006
12. This is the first time since 2004 that Georgia Tech has won consecutive games against ranked opponents in the same season.
13. Brent Key is now 4-3 as an interim head coach.
14. Hassan Hall and Dontae Smith were effective at catching passes from the backfield. The two running backs combined for six catches and 89 yards against the tar heel defense.
15. Georgia Tech was 8-15 in third place.
16. LaMiles Brooks was intercepted again. Brooks was the top player in Georgia Tech Secondary this season and had another great game.