Game 4 | Ball condition (2:1) on
No. 9/11 Notre Dame (3-0)
20 Nov | South Bend, Ind. | Joyce Center | 4 p.m. ET
— Ball State returns to the streets on Sunday to play its third straight Indiana State team when the Cardinals head north at 4:00 p.m. ET at the Joyce Center to play No. 9/11 Notre Dame to compete
– The Cardinals and Fighting Irish will face off for the first time since the 1981-82 season. Ball State lost that contest to Notre Dame 57-60, but the Cardinals lead the all-time series record 2-1.
– Ball State pulled off an impressive win over rival Butler Thursday night at Worthen Arena. The Cardinals defeated the Bulldogs, 84-68. For the game, Ball State had four players in double figures as a sophomore Ally Becky leads the charge with 18 points, including a 5-of-8 shooting from the field and a perfect 6-of-6 from the charity streak. Redshirt Senior Anna Klephane scored in double digits for the third straight game after scoring 15 points on the night. Graduate senior Thelma Dis Agustsdottir and second graders Madelyn Bischoff finished the night with 12 points a piece.
– Notre Dame will be the fourth Indiana state school the Cardinals face this season. Ball State has already played IU East (Nov. 14) and Butler (Nov. 17) and will host IUPUI on Thursday, Dec. 8. So far, the Cardinals are 2-0 against Indiana schools.
– The Fighting Irish are looking to remain unbeaten against the Cardinals on Sunday after starting the season with a 3-0 record following victories over Northern Illinois (88-48), California (90-79) and Northwestern (Northwestern) had achieved. 92-58).
– Ahead of the showdown between Ball State and Notre Dame, the Irish community will take a moment to honor Katryna Gaither, who will be inducted into the Ring of Honor at Notre Dame.
I am a survivor:
Both redshirt seniors Anna Klephane and seniors Estel Puiggros suffered season-ending injuries during their careers at Ball State. But both have worked hard to come back stronger than ever. Clephane currently leads the team with an average of 16.3 points per competition. She scored 12 points at Tennessee Tech (Nov. 7), 22 points against IU East (Nov. 14), and 15 points against Butler (Nov. 17). Puiggros eventually returned to court after just over four minutes against IU East and managed to score her first basketball of the season. Clephane currently has 826 career points and needs 174 to reach 1,000 career points.
Cardinals of the second half:
Although the Cardinals lost in their season opener, the stats proved they could be a second-half team this season. Ball State beat Tennessee Tech 39-29 in the second half of Monday’s games. The Cardinals’ best quarter came in the fourth period when Ball State overtook Tennessee Tech 16-9. The Cardinals also won the rebounding category over the Golden Eagles, 48-28. Same scenario and different match against Butler Thursday at Worthen Arena. The Cardinals trailed at halftime but outplayed the Bulldogs 52-35 in the second half to earn the 84-68 win over their rival.
After today’s contest, the Cardinals will make their way west where they will play two games in Utah. Ball State meets Utah State on Wednesday, November 23 at 4:00 p.m. ET and then wraps up the Thanksgiving break on Saturday at 6:00 p.m. ET at BYU. Ball State has only played Utah State once, winning that game 81-55 at Worthen Arena last year, and it will be the first-ever meeting between BYU and BSU.